How to use the Forced Damped Pendulum: Nine Sections Tool
Setting Initial Conditions
- Click the mouse on any graph planes to set the initial conditions for a trajectory.
- Use the sliders to set the values of the damping constant b, the forcing amplitude A, and the forcing frequency w.
- Press the mouse down on the slider knob for the parameter you want to change and drag the mouse back and forth, or click the mouse in the slider channel at the desired value for the parameter.
- [Clear] removes all the trajectories from the graphs.
- [Clear Transients] removes all transient data without disrupting the active trajectory.
- [Start] begins a trajectory.